OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
- You choose - you decide how you want to hear from us and you can change your mind at any time
- We’ll protect – we’ll keep your data safe, won’t sell it to any third parties and won’t keep anything longer than necessary
At Alraqia, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Alraqia may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We’ll notify you of any significant changes but you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
When Alraqia collect and process your personal data we are doing so on our own behalf, and not on behalf of any third parties. This means that Alraqia Products Limited is termed a data controller under the terms of data protection legislation.
THE LEGAL BASES
The law on data protection sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data including:
- Consent – for example, where you have ticked a box to receive emails
- Contractual obligations – for example, where we need your data to fulfil our contract with you
- Legal compliance – for example, where the law requires us to
- Legitimate interest – where we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not impact your rights, freedoms or interests
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell any personal information to any third parties. However we do share your data with the following types of companies so that we can provide our services to you:
· Companies that help get your orders to you – for example, delivery companies, warehouses and payment service providers
· Professional service providers – for example, data agencies, website hosts and marketing agencies to help with things we are not able to do ourselves
· Fraud prevention agencies
· Companies approved by you – for example social media sites if you choose to link your account and marketplace sellers where you place an order
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, SMS or direct mail. Sometimes, we may use purchase history, wishlist or saved items to increase our knowledge or what our customers like, so that we can make sure we’re talking to you about things you’re interested in.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as is required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
At the end of that retention period your data will either be deleted completely or anonymized – for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and planning.
Your rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to know whether we are processing your personal data, and to access the personal information we hold about you, free of charge.
- The right to correct personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. This can be done by contacting our Customer Service team by contacting them online.
- The right that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it, in some circumstances. This can be done by contacting our Customer Service by contacting them online and requesting for your data to be deleted. At this point, we will look at your request and inform you of our decision within 30 days.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages (through specific or all channels). This can be done by contacting our Customer Service team by contacting them online. We aim to stop sending you any marketing messages (through specific or all channels) within 30 days of your request.
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing. This can be done by contacting our Customer Service team by contacting them online.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the KSA.